| Internal Audit |
In Internal Audit (IA), we independently assess the firms overall control environment by assessing the firm's governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. Internal Audit supports the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm's internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
Professional Practices Group (PPG):
The Professional Practices Group's mission is to:
PPG is primarily comprised of quality assurance and practices. The candidate will primarily be responsible for performing quality assurance reviews of project files to determine whether the work adheres to the GS Internal Audit Stages Framework and the policies and procedures contained within the Internal Audit Manual. Reviews also include verifying that project files include sufficient evidence to support the assurance provided. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for performing other targeted thematic reviews of the department's work, assisting with other policy and methodology related matters and developing and delivering specific training based on results of these reviews.
- Support the delivery of high-quality, consistent and risk-focused assurance work through the execution of quality assurance reviews
- Improve processes to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness with which assurance work is executed, by undertaking quality assurance reviews, driving audit skills training and maintaining audit methodology and policy
- Be the clearing house for methodology-related initiatives through partnership and collaboration with other IA department working groups/initiatives
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Execute quality assurance reviews of completed audit projects to assess adherence with audit methodology, and effectively communicate results to stakeholders
- Proactively monitor for changes to industry and regulatory requirements, guidance, and pronouncements
- Perform targeted thematic reviews of the department's work, and assist with other policy and methodology related matters
- Collaborate with the practices and learning and development teams to identify and contribute to the development of continuous improvement opportunities, including the enhancement of methodology and development of guidance for specific topics
- Identify/develop/deliver specific training based on results of quality assurance reviews and observations
- Respond to ad hoc queries raised by auditors
- Participate in selected departmental initiatives
- Strong background in audit professional standards, policy and methodology
- Experience in a professional practices role or auditing business controls, with preferred experience in the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of risks and controls
- Experience in regulated financial services environment
- Strong writing skills
- Good attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Degree required
- CPA, CISA, CIA or similar professional certification is strongly preferred
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $115000-$250000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .