| The Role: Rating Analyst, Financial Institution |
The primary role will be to undertake credit analysis on banks and non-bank financial institutions and to support senior analysts responsible for the sectors in mainland China Hong Kong. The role is based in Hong Kong, but will involve travelling, primarily in mainland China at times.
Grade Level: G9 (For internal reference only)
The Location: Hong Kong
The Impact: This will require the candidate to develop and maintain relationships with key market participants in time e.g. issuers, intermediaries, investors, regulators. Strong communication skills are required for this client facing role.
The Skills: S&P Global Ratings is seeking to recruit an analyst for Financial Institutions Ratings in Greater China region. We are looking for analysts with strong analytical capability.
- Analyzing pertinent information and data necessary for rating determination on banks and non-bank financial institutions and their debt issues
- Help making credit rating recommendations and presenting to the rating committee
- Preparation of press releases, company specific reports and industry commentaries in a fast paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients S&P Global Rating's methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of the rated companies, including review of public filings, private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to global and regional S&P Global Ratings analytical forums, and publishing commentaries on their sectors
- Co-operate closely with analysts across the network within the region and global as well as occasionally with analysts from other practices (e.g. Insurance, Sovereign, and Corporates, etc)
- Provide clients within the assigned portfolio of responsibilities with the highest level of professional service
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree, CFA charter holder or CPA is a plus
- Minimum two years of experience in an analytical position
- Strong financial statement analysis skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective verbal presentations to senior level management
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282697
Posted On: 2023-03-09
Location: Central, Hong Kong