| MORE ABOUT THIS JOB |
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. Internal Audit assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organized into global teams of business and technology auditors.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Securities, Investment Management, Investment Banking, Merchant Banking and Global Investment Research, Corporate, CCBD, and Technology.
Business Audit Corporate Controllers & Tax Vice President General Responsibilities:
General Skills and Experience:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Plan and execute audit testing to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
Team/Product Specific Skills and Experience:
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of relevant product areas
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function
- 4-year degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA) is a plus
- Solid understanding of financial concepts and/or operations related to controllers and tax functions. Knowledge in any of the following areas are preferred:
- Basel regulatory requirements
- CCAR regulatory requirements
- Recovery and Resolution regulatory requirements
- SEC US GAAP accounting
- Controls surrounding regulatory reporting, legal entity reporting, financial reporting and/or tax reporting
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $115000-$250000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .