| The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm. |
Risk, Vice President: Operational Risk (New York)
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with a wide variety of senior stakeholders across the firm, both regionally and globally. Ability to lead and manage change management initiatives is necessary for this role.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the firm to further develop and strengthen the operational risk framework
- Driving the advancement and/or execution of key firmwide operational risk programs and initiatives
- Providing clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to internal stakeholders on matters of operational risk management
- Staying apprised of and advising on industry and regulatory best practices with respect to risk management and control frameworks
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience working in operational risk, a control function (e.g., Compliance, , Finance/Controllers or Audit), or in change management capacity regarding risk/control initiatives
- Change management experience, including project and/or program management
- Ability to present with impact and build consensus across senior stakeholder groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on delivery
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Quick learner who can thrive working as part as a cross-regional team and individually
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience developing and deploying risk management frameworks
- Experience developing risk and control programs, specifically within non-financial risk disciplines (e.g., operational risk, compliance)
- Experience in process design
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
?? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $130000-$260000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .