| A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors, and individuals. |
Goldman Sachs is looking for a Portfolio Accounting Product Management Lead who will have direct responsibility for the strategy and implementation of the a ccounting and reconciliation platform s that s upport multiple client segments, asset classes and investment products across the global Asset & Wealth Management Public business. This role works collaboratively with the leadership across the Investment teams, Performance, Operations and Technology organizations to deliver a robust and comprehensive portfolio accounting strategy ensuring competitive advantage and addressing internal stakeholders and client needs. This Product leader will engage with multiple stakeholders to understand the spectrum of problems and challenges to be solved. A successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in building and leading a portfolio accounting technology platform. This accounting platform will serve as the investment book of records to provide timely position data to Portfolio Managers, Operations, and other consumers.
This product leader must:
- Partner closely with Portfolio Managers, Operations, Sales, Distribution partners and Engineering to understand and develop the accounting platform strategy based on a deep understanding of business, efficiency drivers and stakeholder needs
- Define the product narrative, both short term and long-term strategic vision for the accounting platform across the business; evaluate product performance relative to goals
- Have a comprehensive view and understanding of the accounting standards, principles (including specific focus on tax lot accounting / wash sale accounting) and platforms in the industry, and drive competitive analysis
- Roadmap our products and priorities the simultaneous develop of strategic initiatives alongside tactical projects and product enhancements
- Leverage data and key metrics to inform product strategy and deployment strategy
- Influence and lead a product team of 3-4 members; and develop the product mindset.
- Influence senior leaders in decision making and investments in strategic programs.
- Develop and retain a robust team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skill sets and by providing ongoing mentoring to the team.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization.
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary.
- Lead the definition of requirements and test cases for Engineering and QA.
- Ability to partner and drive results with third party vendors.
ABOUT ASSET & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
- A passion for technology and how it can be applied to solve business problems of all sizes
- 10+ years of experience operating within a technology platform / business Accounting / operations management experience with an asset manager.
- Expertise with investment accounting, tax lot accounting, NAV reporting, reconciliations, asset valuation, P & L calculations, and reporting
- Familiarity with FIS Investment Accounting Manager (formerly InvestOne) or any other accounting systems
- CPA and/or CFA preferred
- U.S. GAAP technical accounting knowledge
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies/JIRA
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and planning skills
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, we provide clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the firm's primary investment area, we provide investment and advisory services for some of the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals, for which we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. We are:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Investors, spanning traditional and alternative markets offering products and services
- Advisors, understanding our clients' priorities and poised to help provide investment advice and strategies that make sense for their portfolios
- Thought Leaders, providing timely insights across macro and secular themes to help inform our clients' investment decisions
- Innovators, using our suite of digital solutions to help our clients address complex challenges and meet their financial goals
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
?? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $100000-$235000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .