| The role: Lead SRE |
Location: MST-EST, virtual or hybrid
GL: 11 (for internal use only)
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global Market Intelligence encompasses a powerful suite of cross-asset analytics, integrated desktop services, securities valuations and investment research and recommendations across a wide spectrum of the world's major markets. Its unique intellectual property delivers a breadth and depth of solutions that supports clients in their work to generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies. The dashboard provides real-time market data from over 200+ exchanges of different asset classes. This is an extremely visible role as the d ashboard is the home page of M arket I ntelligence platform.
You will be joining highly talented core team of Site Reliability Engineers at S&P Global Market Intelligence Realtime Content delivery platform Team.
The team has an outstanding opportunity to advocate and participate in building services that are resilient, optimally monitored, alerted and self-healed by applying software reliability engineering practices to deliver world class real time financial c ontent around the globe.
What's in it for you:
You'll design & implement cloud solutions that are highly available, scalable, fault tolerant, reliability, selfheal and maintain tools to automate operational processes of the firms Realtime Content System. Provide engineering solutions for operations problems, develop smart detection capable of predicting system stress & auto correct through metrics analysis and remediation strategies. Build single pane view dashboard s that provides quality insight into systems health in terms of overall health, transaction, latency, throughput, load and reliability score.
What we're looking for:
- Work closely with product owners and technology partners to understand existing systems and support them . Identify gaps in observability and single points of failure in legacy systems.
- Contribute to cloud migration efforts using different migration strategies.
- 6 + years system & solutions engineering, software development, or system operations background with 3+ years of work experience working as a Systems Engineer, DevOps and/or SRE Roles.
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates & other industry recognized tools to deliver Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in understanding and writing CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab, Azure DevOps, and similar industry standard pipeline tools.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure and architecture using AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud providers.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating system internals and with networking .
- Experience troubleshooting networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTPS/TLS/ Websockets , Multicast and Broadcast messaging
- Experience with 2 or more scripting languages such as python , ruby , bash , and powershell .
- Experience in using APIs to solve complex automation problems.
- Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Datadog, Prometheus , ELK, Graphana .
- Experience using git version control
- Great attitude to learn, respect for fellow employees, think out of the box, respectfully challenge ideas & hungry for innovation.
- Good Leadership skills capable of leading a team and collaborating.
- Good communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Have a software-centric mindset and capable of understanding the full software stack - and beyond.
- Experience debugging complex problems and view problems as an opportunity to improve
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Experience working in enterprise scale internal or customer centric projects to completion, architecting technical solutions, and working closely with development & engineering teams.
- Provide attention to detail to design, problems, kpi's , demonstrate ability to stay focused during critical production events and champion resolutions.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit S&P Benefits
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 280005
Posted On: 2023-02-17
Location: Virtual, New Jersey, United States