| S&P Global Market Intelligence 2023 Internship |
The Role: Cloud Engineer Internship
The Team: Platforms and Channels is a horizontal team within Market Intelligence. We provide common services to business lines within Market Intelligence and across other divisions within S&P Global. Specifically, Platforms and Channels provides:
Platforms and Channels works with hundreds of terabytes of data, thousands of data feeds, and has over 650 engineers across 800 technologies
- data technology and services supporting acquisition, ingestion, content management, mastering and distribution to power our customer needs.
- scale to our business lines through a common data lifecycle that accelerates business value.
- new insight to our customers through data discovery, research and integrated access.
What's in it for you:
During your summer at S&P Global you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on-the-job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
The Summer 2023 Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at S&P Global.
You will be working in the Platforms & Channels organization, a global team of over 250 technologists and data analysts. You will interact daily with a global team dedicated to delivering solutions and services to our many internal stakeholders.
You will help drive S&P's cloud journey by working on cloud migration and cloud-native solutions. You will be supporting stakeholders in ingesting, curating and delivering data to thousands of customers across the global. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
What We're Looking For:
- Designing and building pipelines to deploy infrastructure and supporting services
- Instrument and analyze telemetry data from production applications and identify trends
- Participating in scrum teams and learn agile software development
- Producing technical documentation of current architectures and future solutions
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 5
- A bachelor or master's degree (or equivalent) in (but necessarily limited to) Computer Science or Engineering completed no later than May 2024
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable interest in software engineering
- Interest in the financial services and data industry
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Proficiency in Go, Python, or Terraform HCL preferred
- Legal eligibility to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
The Location: New York, NY. Princeton, NJ
Compensation/Benefits Information (This section is only applicable to US candidates):
S&P Global states that the anticipated hourly wage range for this position is $21 to $30. Final salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographic location, as well as experience level, skill set, training, licenses, and certifications.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282225
Posted On: 2023-02-14
Location: New York, New York, United States