| The Role: Agribusiness Senior Consultant located in the US. |
The Grade/Level: 10
The Location: Washington DC, Houston, TX or Memphis TN
The Team: You will be part of the North American agribusiness consulting team that covers both the commercial and public sectors. This diverse team works collaboratively within North America and often with the South American and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) teams, and other S&P Global teams in areas such as economic country risk, maritime and energy and other teams.
The Impact: You will be at the forefront of global agribusiness and major themes such as carbon farming, alternative proteins, bioenergy, trade policy or sustainability and help clients understand the implications to their industry and specific business . You will also have the opportunity to help our clients derive implications and strategies from our fundamental outlooks for the agriculture supply chain (e.g., ferthelizer, crops, proteins, bioenergy). Additionally, you will support the overall development of new analytical frameworks to analyze new markets, alternative scenarios or develop new outlooks.
What's in it for you: In this position you will have full access to data, insights and research that will give you unique insights and personal growth opportunities in an area of critical need to companies, governments and NGOs.
- Be part of and work with a diverse team of analysts and expert consultants in North America and around the world.
- Be exposed to the North American agribusiness and related institutions
- Work with different groups in S&P Global on projects.
- Work with key industry thought leaders and researchers
- Work on the cutting age themes of global agribusiness
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit global Agribusiness Consulting team and play a significant role in all areas of our agribusiness consulting as well as having the opportunity to work and develop specific areas of interest. Key responsibilities include:
What We're Looking For:
- Work as part of an execution team of expert consultants on a variety of projects,
- Work collaboratively across geographies within agribusiness consulting or other S&P Global industry analysts or consultants
- Be flexible in working on projects in multiple areas of agribusiness,
- Manage, lead and execute consulting engagements; this work would include collaborating with multiple colleagues, communicating with clients
- Develop new analytical methodologies or intellectual property to support project execution and/or ongoing research efforts
- Support the development of consulting proposals
- Agriculture and/or business analysis and/or consulting experience.
- Post-graduate degree (likely to be in economics, agriculture economics or an MBA). Last Updated April 2021 S&P Global Public
- Highly analytically oriented with creative skills to develop new analytic approaches
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Expert level experience with MS Excel (or alternative analytical tools) and MS Power Point
- Leadership skills and the ability to work independently without day-to-day direct authority.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk with us at the interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is 70,300 USD to 127,150 USD. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and farmer organizations with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: R31669
Posted On: 2023-02-03
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States