Responsibilities of Data Architecture
- Working with Enterprise Architect peers to analyze business strategy and trends, as well as change requirements in other EA viewpoints (such as business, information, and solution), and remedy deficiencies in the current-state technologies to derive the future-state technology architecture.
- Develop solutions, data architectures & designs for inbound & outbound Data Integration, Data Lake, Business Intelligence, Reporting and analytics solutions.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models across structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets using standard data modelling techniques.
- Evaluate and assess existing legacy environments with an eye on modernization and simplification.
- Define and present the solution options for each new project and prepare recommendations with ballpark estimates to business users ensuring the options are aligned with business needs and strategy.
- Identify and assess various solution options from both a technical architecture and business architecture perspectives to ensure provision of recommendations that are aligned with the business needs and strategy.
- Identify technology and delivery risks associated with proposed solutions to ensure that necessary measures are taken to mitigate these risks.
- Work closely with the project team and key stakeholders to develop the overall solution architecture to ensure all requirements from key stakeholders are captured in the overall solution architecture.
- Research market trends and identify upcoming solutions, conduct POC testing and report POC results to ensure solutions remain competitive against the market trends.
- Establish data architecture strategy, best practices, standards, and roadmap
- Outline data quality processes and create solutions for data conversion and integration.
- Develop, and continuously improve, a standard set of data integration models and best practices.
- Mentor team members on best practices, efficient implementations and delivering high quality data products.
- Ensure solution in compliance to various policy / guidelines from not limited to EA, Security, Compliance, Legal, Regulators, etc.
Experience + Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Engineering / Science or Management related fields.??
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience with 5+ years in data architecture role.
- Over 3 years finance industry experience, preferably insurance.
- Extensive experience in architecting and implementing enterprise data warehouse, Master Data Management, data integration, data modeling, data management and data governance.
- Strong experience in Cloud technologies (ideally with AWS/Azure certification), Databricks, Stream Analytics, Bigdata (Hive, Scala, Spark).
- Experience of mapping enterprise data entities to business capabilities and applications.
- Experience on ACORD model and applied in project will be a plus.
- Experienced in vendor management.
- Understanding of finance and resource estimation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven organizational negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with being organized, structured, and assertive.
- Fluent in English.