* Reviewing and making decisions on Level 3 sanctions screening cases referred to the Sanctions team, including issuing one-off approvals.
* Providing 4-eyes approval of the advice and decisions of Sanctions Analysts
* Carrying out timely and accurate reporting to HM Treasury, and OFAC via the OFAC compliance officer, on sanctions related matters.
* Providing support and advice to all business units within RBS on sanctions matters, acting as a point of escalation for complex cases.
* Providing day-to-day advice on matters related to the RBS Sanctions Policy and its application to the business transactional activity in all jurisdictions in which the RBS operates.
* Provide advice to business on sanctions related queries, approvals and escalations.
* Making decisions on level 3 investigations involving potential or confirmed sanctions hits and providing 4-eyes validation and approval of Level 3 referrals from Sanctions Advisory Analysts
Skills desired include:
* Previous experience in a sanctions compliance role within the financial services industry.
* An understanding of SWIFT payments, trade finance and how transactions settle globally.
* Knowledge of the regulatory/legislative landscape for sanctions across multiple jurisdictions.
* Strong knowledge of EU, UK and US financial sanctions regimes and regulations.
* Organisational awareness including working knowledge or risks, products, processes, and controls.
* Experience of managing a range of different stakeholders
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.