A leading housing development, housing management, and asset management organisation currently requires a Assistant Management Accountant to join them on a permanent position based in Poole, Dorset
To provide the best financial information and support for the group.
You should know what is required in pulling together a set of management accounts and know by experience that whatever you don't understand you can learn quickly. You should be a clear, analytical thinker with the ability to prioritise different tasks and manage your own time. You should take pride in preparing the best financial information and be brave enough to challenge the status quo.
- You should be able to make excel do the things you want it to do using advanced excel skills, including formulas, lookups and pivot tables.
- You should have a good understanding of finance systems, enabling you to extract and manipulate data in order to support financial reporting and ad hoc queries.
- You should be able to communicate with people.
- This role is a great choice for those looking not just for a job, but for a career with the opportunity to grow, be involved and interact across the whole business.
You will be a key member of the team which has responsibility for the financial reporting of a company, group of companies, or one of our divisions, including, but not limited to;
- Assisting with the production of monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports for budget holders and other stakeholders external to finance
- Maintaining a good level of technical accounting knowledge to ensure that accounts are prepared correctly and in line with the relevant accounting standards.
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met without exception
- Balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with best practice
- Journal processing, including ensuring the correct accounting of accruals and prepayments
- Interrogation of financial systems to identify errors and make corrections
- Variance analysis
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Identify opportunities for improvements
- External returns and reporting
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE and A-Level Standard (or equivalent), including GCSE passes in English and Maths. Relevant degree education or AAT level three or above would be an advantage in the absence of progression with further professional qualifications or relevant experience.
- Studying, or desire to study, towards a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) is desirable.
- The role can be suitable for entry level accountants with minimal relevant experience who have a strong academic record and a drive to progress with a finance career, through to part qualified accountants or those with three years experience in a similar role, to exam finalists or those with up to five years in a similar role. Relevant experience includes working as part of a financial reporting team, management accounting, budgeting, working with financial systems and working as part of a larger team to achieve common goals.
- Strong all-round IT skills with expert level excel skills is essential. Experience and knowledge of specialist financial systems is desirable.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to manage workload and deliver outputs to specific deadlines.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.