| MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET |
What We Do
As the third line of defence, Internal Audit's mission is to independently assess the firm's internal control structure, including the firm's governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks, raise awareness of control risk and monitor the implementation of management's control measures. In doing so, internal Audit:
Goldman Sachs Internal Audit comprises individuals from diverse backgrounds including chartered accountants, developers, risk management professionals, cybersecurity professionals, and data scientists. We are organized into global teams comprising business and technology auditors to cover all the firm's businesses and functions, including securities, investment banking, consumer and investment management, risk management, finance, cyber-security and technology risk, and engineering.
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk
- Raise awareness of control risk
- Assesses the firm's control culture and conduct risks; and
- Monitors management's implementation of control measures
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Internal Auditors demonstrate strong risk and control mindsets, analytical, exercise professional scepticism and are able to challenge and discuss effectively with management on risks and control measures. We look for individuals who enjoy learning about audit, businesses and functions, have innovative and creative mindsets to adopt analytical techniques to enhance audit techniques, building relationships and are able to evolve and thrive in teamwork and in a fast-paced global environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Collaborate and work as a team across EMEA
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business the Internal Audit team is supporting, its products, and supporting functions
- Use and develop data analytics (DA)/computer assisted audit tools and techniques to assist in execution of audits and risk assessment
- Assist in every step of an audit, including documentation, across scoping, planning, fieldwork and reporting
- Performing walkthroughs with stakeholders to perform control design assessments and presenting results of work performed to management
- Execute audit testing to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to Internal Audit senior management and business stakeholders
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving Internal Audit's processes and supporting infrastructure
- Approximately +1-2 years of prior experience in auditing controls. This could be in an IA team, or consulting, regulatory body or a related control function, with controls testing as part of your role, i.e. compliance testing group or a risk and control team
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability and able to work under minimal supervision on individual tasks or on team projects
- Accurate, accountable and able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Interest in developing your knowledge of Global Markets as well as supervisory oversight controls across regions
- Highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., ACA, CAMS, CIA, CFA) is a plus
- Graduated from a Bachelors or Masters degree from 2019 onwards
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html