| MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET |
Risk teams focus on giving the firm clarity on the risk profile of our activities and devise strategies to protect the firm's ability to serve our clients effectively.
Embedded in everything we do, risk management is key to effectively identifying, monitoring and anticipating the diverse array of risks the firm faces in serving clients and operating its global businesses, including credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk operational risk and model risk.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business.
DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Internal Audit assesses the firm's internal control structure, advises management on developing control solutions, and monitors the implementation of these measures. Working in this department means you'll be providing reasonable assurance that financial reporting is reliable, there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the firm's operations are effectively controlled.
Risk aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan. Operating in a fast changing environment and utilizing the best in class risk framework, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude for challenges and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Teams: Credit Risk, Enterprise Risk, Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Model Risk, Operational Risk, Risk Engineering, Corporate Risk, Credit Review Group
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Graduated from a Bachelors or Masters degree between 2018 - June 2022
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
?? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity