| We're Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast-moving, innovative and expanding. We have worked harder and smarter to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of data sets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to gain exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. |
What's the Role?
As a Team Leader you'll be leading a team of passionate, motivated and highly technical Solution Architects, who provide programming and best practice consultation directly to our internal and external clients for the integration of our Enterprise Data products and services. You'll be a quick study, eager to develop your understanding of the Bloomberg Enterprise Products and our customer base, in order to lead your team on client engagements as well as provide a third tier of technical expertise for complex issues. You'll drive the partnership at the management level with other teams to understand client requirements, communicate product improvements, and assist with all client development needs. You'll lead the group on adopting and embracing our cultural and innovative best practices, solutions and guide your team to be able to quickly and accurately identify and address highly technical problems. You're a programming and management professional who is personable, intelligent and analytical, able to get results by working closely with team members and colleagues around the organization, but are also not afraid of getting your hands dirty and making independent decisions when the situation demands.
We'll trust you to:
- Recruit, develop, manage and lead a robust, impactful and professional team, at Bloomberg we lead from the front you'll provide guidance on programming best practices, technical client engagement and be the face of Service Delivery innovation within the region
- Collaborate with peers and aligned sales teams in order to drive critical initiatives, such as client on-boarding, technology partnerships and highly technical projects
- Proactively identify ideas to help drive stronger departmental performance and implement those ideas from start to finish
- Act as an advocate for Diversity and Inclusion, truly understanding its importance to our business
- Provide development project leadership/structure to Enterprise Data clients
- Cultivate deep technical partnerships with key members of the client development community
- Guide your team on building strong stakeholder relationships with clients, engineering and product development teams to resolve issues or build out enhancements
- Actively identify potential areas of improvement or gaps in internal tools & monitoring systems and propose solutions
- Administer training to clients for coding to our API during the pre-sale, implementation and adoption phases of an engagement
- Support the developer community around Bloomberg's data delivery mechanisms
- Provide timely and informative feedback to the Enterprise Data Product teams
You'll need to have:
- Strong client facing experience, be presentable & able to articulate complex technical concepts to all skill levels
- Development leadership experience in guiding and mentoring highly technical team members
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple technical streams/lead client engagements whilst collaborating across different teams
- 5+ years development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent experience
- Industry experience with software development .NET, Java, C++ and Python
- Experience programming in UNIX and/or Windows
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- The ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of skill levels both in verbal and written form
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience writing readable example code
- Confident to work with clients ranging from developers to CTOs
- Liaising with global counterparts to ensure global consistency and universal standard methodology / governance
We'd love to see:
- Exposure and understanding of Financial Data, especially Real Time Market Data is helpful
- Knowledge of market data distribution platforms and feed handlers is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of Big Data, Data Science and Cloud technologies
- Prior experience in the mentorship and development of highly skilled teams
- Experience developing on public cloud platforms, AWS, GCP and Azure
- Ability to derive requirements from stakeholders via email, meetings, and conference calls, relay this to internal groups and plan detailed technical engagement accordingly
If this sounds like you:
If you think you're a good match, apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.