| Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process, and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data feeding and moving the financial markets. |
Our Data Support Specialists are the front line of customer service for Data supporting both internal and external clients. In this role your core responsibility will be supporting Bloomberg clients through our Help Desk, which will allow you to develop general financial market knowledge and a solid understanding of the inner workings of Bloomberg's customer service technology. You will also use your project management skills and problem-solving abilities to assist in the implementation of strategic solutions to improve client experience and team workflows and procedures. We are a large global team that interacts with all areas of the business, therefore the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders in different regions and roles is essential.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your customer service skills to provide platinum-level customer service to Bloomberg clients via our Help Desk (ADSK).
- Utilize your subject matter expertise in data to educate and assist our clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external Stakeholders (such as Enterprise Support, Analytics, and Data Product Teams).
- Use problem solving and data analysis skills to find insights that assist in the implementation of strategic solutions to improve the client experience.
This is an entry level role where you'll need to have:
- Up to 2 years of work experience
- Experience in client services or sales support within the financial industry
- A demonstrated interest in concepts and products of financial markets (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- A demonstrated capability in Data Management, Data Cleaning & Processing, or Data Analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products?
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- An interest in using technology to perform operational data analysis
- Business proficiency and fluency in?English & Mandarin to manage respective clients and financial data
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in Python, SQL or R, demonstrated through school projects or work experience
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.