Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500?? company within the Financial Services industry! Advice & Wealth Management (AWM) Business Development and Operations is the growth engine for Ameriprise Financial and approximately 10,000 branded financial advisors who help clients plan to achieve their dreams and financial goals and a dedicated corporate staff focused on driving profitable growth in the employee and franchise advisor platforms. Specifically, the corporate staff focuses on areas of operations such as advisor recruiting and practice acquisitions, compensation, real estate, communications, training, project management, practice management, advisor business development, and risk mitigation.
The AWM Business Development and Operations internship program offers individuals an internship in one of the corporate staff areas with a variety of business management opportunities.
About the Internship Program: Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an Ameriprise Financial intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others!
As an AWM Business Development intern you will work within one of the corporate staff areas including a variety of business management opportunities from idea inception to execution. You'll learn various reporting methods, how to make sound business decisions, and execute deliverables in a deadline-oriented environment while working closely with the AWM team.
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Participating on project teams responsible for implementing new programs for advisors
- Recommending and leading enhancements to existing processes
- Creating, updating, and managing review processes for new/existing communications
- Drafting and maintaining project plans and status reports
- Capturing and tracking project issues and assisting with resolution
Examples of past intern projects include:
- Assist with practice acquisition analyses and due diligence reviews
- Build and review content for internal website
- Participate in the advisor recruiting process
- Build and review advisor and staff learning pathways
- Build and own internal department newsletter
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business Management, Finance, Economics, Analytics, or related field - Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023 - Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher - Demonstrated leadership experience
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics - Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities - Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills - Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others - Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas.
About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant??. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant?? together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.