In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Corporate Services Asia - Risk Management & COO Support Manager
May 1, 2021
What You'll Be Doing
In this role on the COO team, you will report directly to the Asia Corporate Services Risk officer.
You will closely work with the Corporate Services functions such as Property / Real Estate Management, Security & Investigation, Travel, Corporate Information Management, Location Strategy, Branch Management etc. to focus on the team's strategic objectives ensuring governance, risk controls and smooth business operations.
The main responsibility is to provide support for the day – to – day risk management activities with exposure to Technology & Transformation Initiatives, Employee Engagement, Vendor and Finance Management within the office of the COO for Corporate Services.
- Support Operational Risk Management Activities: By coordinating incident & risk logging, analyzing, reporting, training and related deliverable
- Technology Risk Management: partner with Morgan Stanley Technology Risk department to support delivery of Firmwide technology related risk program
1. Perform review and approval on operational technology entitlement
2. Support functional team in remediation work
3. Plan and execute preventive program on information security activities
4. Act as CS Information Security Officer Delegate and coordinate associated deliverables
- Third Party Program Management (TPPM): work with the TPPM & Vendor Management team to deliver the Firmwide program (TPPM includes internal cross entities outsourcing as well as external vendor engagement)
- Internal Audit Engagement: Interface with internal audit along with the COO & Risk Officer on all audit related activities and co-ordinate with various CS functions to track Audits and CS issues
- Business Continuity Planning:
1. Act as a liaison to Business Continuity Management (BCM) team to support planning and testing of CS business continuity planning.
2. Assist in carrying out crisis table top exercise as part of the testing / training program
3. Continue to work with global team to develop and refine best practice within CS on BCP activities
- Maintain current knowledge of the risk space and best practices and apply knowledge where practicable to the CS department.
- Collaborate with the Asia Corporate Services COO management team for initiatives touching Finance, Risk and Engagement
- Process improvement – Support the risk team to continuously review and improve current processes, including leveraging Centralized Reporting & Metrics team to support "First line of Control"
- Global engagement – partner with the other regional risk managers to understand, leverage and consistently implement cross regional best practices.