In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Our San Francisco Engineering team is growing! Bloomberg SF is a tight-knit group of software engineers. We work on a variety of products and projects, from front end visualizations and Jupyter notebooks, to data lakes and SaaS offerings for our broader engineering department, to enterprise deployments and financial libraries used by our customers.
We support each other, and believe in community. We have worked together to build a diverse and inclusive office environment, and many of us participate in clubs focusing on allyship and philanthropy. We host frequent meetups, provide a wealth of professional development and training to further build our team's technical skills, financial domain knowledge, as well as interpersonal skills, and engage our local community through volunteering.
Many of us contribute back to the open source technologies that we use to build products like BQuant, a new data science platform, or infrastructure like Kafka or Kubernetes as a Service. We also attend and speak at industry conferences.
Open Roles Continue reading to learn more about our teams and open roles. You can express interest in particular teams in your application. If you don't see an obvious fit for your background/expertise, feel free to apply, and our recruiting team will be in touch.
1. Portfolio Enterprise Data Lake We are building an Apache Parquet-based store that integrates Portfolio Enterprise reporting workflow with our domain-specific Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) and other APIs. Customers are using our platform to produce highly-customized reports and perform business intelligence-style analysis.
We are looking for a software engineer with at least 2 years of programming experience to help us cover additional client use cases and scale our platform to an ever-increasing amount of data.
2. Bloomberg Platform as a Service Our team is building a Platform as a service (PaaS) based on Kubernetes that allows Bloomberg engineering teams around the world to develop, deploy, and manage production services. We are working to release our next-generation internal cloud deployment system across the firm.
We are looking for a software engineer interested in building out cloud native features and tools that will enrich and enhance our platform.
3. BQuant - Jupyter Platform BQuant is Bloomberg's brand new cloud-hosted, multi-asset class quantitative investment research platform that opens up our data, core products, and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. We own the user development experience and productivity for BQuant. We are responsible for everything from the IDE, source code management, and collaboration, all the way to visualization libraries and custom UI widgets, and we work closely with the open source Jupyter community to enhance the Jupyter ecosystem.
We are looking for front end and full stack engineers with at least 5 years of experience interested in helping us build a great developer environment for our users.
4. BQuant - Enterprise We are building a managed data science platform based on Jupyter, TensorFlow and Spark, running on Kubernetes. Our team's mission is that our customers will be able to deploy the product using the cloud, pre-configured on their own premises, or buy it as a service from Bloomberg.
We are looking for experienced kubernetes experts, automation + build engineers, as well as SREs to join our team.
5. BQuant - Financial Libraries + Model Management We develop the infrastructure and frameworks that drive advanced workflows within the BQuant quantitative finance platform. Customers use this platform to programmatically manage their own data tenancies to house both transformed Bloomberg and custom time series data sets. Once stored, users can quickly create multiple types of financial models and share the models and their data to colleagues for further analytics, including screening securities for investable ideas, backtesting custom trading strategies, optimizing portfolio allocation, and visualizing the results. Our aim is to create industry leading SLAs for computationally driven financial calculations through management and distribution of large scale data sets with continually growing dimensional complexity. All this is possible using BQuant's unique portal into Bloomberg's data and services.
We are looking for software engineers with at least 5 years of experience and interest or experience in the financial domain across a variety of asset classes.
We look forward to hearing from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.