In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1.2 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Investment Strategy team is part of Wellington's Investment Platform, and is responsible for multi-asset, multi-manager and custom solutions research and portfolio management, and manages a range of outcome-oriented, factor and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. The team also provides bespoke research and advice across various topics such as asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing and manager research.
As part of continued growth, we are seeking an Analyst to support our multi-asset activities, and to help the team to deliver best-in-class investment advice, research, and investment outcomes to institutional clients across the globe. The role will be based in either London or Singapore, with opportunities for flexible working, and will report into a Director of Investment Strategy locally. Wellington is firmly committed to growing and developing internal talent, and this role will provide the successful candidate with ample opportunities over time to broaden and deepen their skills in investment research, asset allocation and portfolio strategy.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Developing investment advice, and undertaking bespoke research projects on behalf of large, strategic clients of the firm;
* Supporting the team's efforts in sharing insights, and engaging with clients across the globe (e.g. helping to produce published and/or widely distributed investment content);
* Leveraging coding platforms (e.g. Python) to undertake data analysis in the pursuit of research objectives;
* Developing an understanding of capital markets, and contributing to the team's asset allocation process;
* Developing a deep understanding of internal investment capabilities, and how they address client needs;
* Collaborating with investors and analysts across Investment Strategy and the broader investment platform (e.g. Macro, Fixed Income, Equity, Industry Research, Commodities, Quantitative and Risk) on investment-led projects;
* Developing and sharing expertise on investment challenges shared by clients in different channels.
The successful candidate is likely to have many of the following attributes / qualifications:
* Strong academic background;
* 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, gained in a research-driven role, e.g. investment/capital market strategy, asset allocation, macro or fixed income research, quantitative investing;
* Ability to work with different types of data, and experience in building analytical frameworks would be advantageous;
* Experience of coding in support of research (Python strongly preferred);
* Creative and intellectually curious mindset, strong problem-solving skills, and comfort with using and developing analytical frameworks;
* Effective team contributor in a highly collaborative research setting;
* Ability to work independently in pursuit of team goals, demonstrating initiative and entrepreneurialism;
* Track record of completing multiple competing projects, and demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment;
* Demonstrated interest in investment challenges faced by clients, and how the asset management industry will respond to those challenges:
* Growth mindset - the flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an analyst.
JOB TITLE Investment Strategy Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .