In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
This exciting operations role is based in a fast-paced professional environment. The Senior Operations Controller has their own tasks and responsibilities working under the direction of the Service Line Operations Director. They are a key member of the Operations Team supporting of a range of operational, financial, reporting and administrative processes.
The operations team works closely with business leadership and supports the wider team of over 200 client service professionals. As well as a portfolio of regular tasks, a key element of this role involves reacting to short term requests over several areas including management information, guidance on local procedures and processes, and support for local HR activities. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate practical application and data manipulation alongside multi-task management and the ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
There is scope to grow and develop this role and it will provide opportunities to integrate and liaise with other areas of the wider financial services business, particularly with those in other operational roles. The successful applicant will be open to taking on a range of different tasks over time including project work.
This role is based at the main office at Canary Wharf and People Advisory Services sits within the Financial Services office.
Your key responsibilities
- Key operations contact for end to end operational processes involved in the engagement lifecycle
- Management of the 'holding code' process to ensure client service professionals are booking their time to billable projects
- Sales pipeline management (CRM system): challenging data quality, exception reports, revenue reporting and analysis
- Interpreting and forecasting financial results; troubleshooting and investigating variances to budget
- Sourcing, producing and presenting management information for both regular and ad hoc applications
- Summarising key information and producing PowerPoint presentations for leadership meetings
- Supervising and overseeing several key internal processes and ensuring high standards are maintained
- Learning and development activities such as the induction of new staff
- Driving the operational and compliance process for staff who are leaving
- Identifying issues and areas for improvement
- Ad-hoc project work as defined by Operations Director
- Occasional cover for Operations Director as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Professional and confident
- Proactive in developing and building knowledge
- A self-starter with an ability to work under own initiative; an ability to prioritise and multi-task in a pressurised environment is essential
- Strong team player with the ability to form networks with staff at all levels
- Flexible regarding both work and responsibilities taken on
- Ability to push back and understand the wider implications of business decisions
- Ability to liaise at senior levels
- Enthusiastic and confident manner
- Comfortable dealing with administrative tasks in an efficient manner
To qualify for the role you must have
- Education to a minimum of A Level standard with GCSEs in English and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications / work experience
- Relevant operational or administration experience in a client driven professional environment
- Numeracy skills are important as some of the role will involve work with figures
- Ability to interpret, manipulate and present management information
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Microsoft IT packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to an intermediate level
- Ability and interest to pick up new systems quickly
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Project management
- Advanced IT skills
What working offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with Flex you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus,
-Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you