In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The Client On-Boarding team is part of Client Management Services, which is situated within the Corporate and Investment Banking Division of MUFG Bank. However, this function acts as a centralized 1st line support team, providing support to Corporate & Investment Banking in EMEA, Capital Markets and MUFG Securities both in London and in Amsterdam.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This individual will be responsible for the management of periodic KYC reviews for all MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities Financial Institution clients, as well as some Corporate clients (existing business relationships). This includes; Customer Due Diligence, Screening (Bribery, Corruption, Adverse Media & sanctions), regulatory classification and suitability assessments. The individual will be required to support both their direct line manager and the wider team as required.
A key aspect to this role is the effective capacity management, stakeholder management, and a drive to improve the on-boarding service provided to the customer and the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for KYC across MUFG's banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
· Ensure that "Know you Customer" due diligence reviews are completed within the prescribed review cycle in order to comply with the Bank's AML policy and all applicable regulatory requirements.
· Assist the business where changes occur to existing customer profiles, by taking appropriate actions (i.e. Event Driven Reviews, escalations).
· Complete relevant Bribery and Corruption checks for prospective transactions for existing clients in order to identify potential reputational, business and sanction risks.
· Maintain accurate records of customer categorisation and suitability assessments on all applicable customers, to ensure that the products/services that we are providing to the customer are suitable, appropriate and in line with the requirements of MiFiD, EMIR, Dodd Frank Act and all other applicable regulations.
· Pursue Lean-On-Boarding; actively seek out opportunities to improve the on-boarding process; including the strengthening controls and improving efficiency.
· Drive to build knowledge within the Anti-Money Laundering sector and to understand the rationale for underlying policy requirements.
· As part of the periodic review/event driven review process; be vigilant to Identify and escalate risks/issues to line management.
· Assist other members of the team and work on ad hoc projects where necessary.
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert within the Team in relation to all AML On-Boarding aspects, assisting on ad-hoc queries where required. In addition the individual will be required to represents the team and potentially the division/bank to key stakeholders on these matters.
· Act as an initial point of escalation for queries to 2nd line and Management from Analysts within the team; reviewing issues, resolving where possible and escalating if required. Escalations should be clear, concise and, where applicable, include a proposed route forward based on individual's wider AML knowledge.
· Training and Development of more junior members of the team
· Keep abreast of developments in current trends and progress on money laundering, bribery and corruption and it prevention.
· Experience in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles
· Experience with Investment Banking & the On-Boarding of Corporate and FI entities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
· Awareness of UK & European Anti-Money Laundering regulations
· Knowledge of various corporate structures
· Able to communicate effectively to key stakeholders at all levels
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to effectively utilise Microsoft Office (particularly word & excel)
Education / Qualifications:
· Degree Level or relevant industry experience.
· Relevant qualifications in Anti Money Laundering, fraud and bribery or Financial Crime roles would be highly beneficial.
· Languages skills are not mandatory but would be beneficial as this role covers EMEA clients.
· Excellent communication skills
· Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
· A proactive, motivated approach.
· The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
· Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
· A structured and logical approach to work
· Strong problem solving skills
· A creative and innovative approach to work
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
· Strong numerical skills
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills
· A confident approach, with the ability to provide clear direction to more junior members of the team
· A strategic approach, with the ability to lead and motivate more junior members of the team
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.