In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
With more than 19,000 employees, Bloomberg HR Engineering builds systems to ensure that our global company is able to run smoothly and efficiently. The HR teams rely on our products to ensure that complex workflows involving anything from recruiting, employee onboarding, talent management, to compensation, are streamlined and top-notch.
Our organization would not be anywhere without our employees and the products we build are critical in making sure our employees have the resources they need. Along with working closely with our product team, you will get the chance to work with top executives and other stakeholders to help them manage mission critical processes and gather requirements for developing the next generation of products.
The HR Engineering team is responsible for designing and developing complex workflows for products in the area of...
1) Talent Management: Products for handling employee performance processes year-round- we do this by considering all workflows for various organizations and employee scenarios, while also developing complex reporting tools to provide aggregates and trends.
2) Payroll Processes: Platform for discovery and transparency of employee pay-slips, tax documents, etc. We are building an admin functionality for managing different payroll cycles and release/visibility rules across the globe and streamlining processes for integrating with various payroll vendors.
3) Employee Management: Products for employees to manage employee information, including contact details and availability. We provide APIs and services for employee data consumption by other teams and products. Our database handles about 3 billion hits a day and employee info service handles about 1 million hits a day!
4) Enterprise Document Storage: Product to securely store and index sensitive HR documents and allow for document discovery for HR admins.
5) Vendor Management and Integrations: Participate in vendor evaluation, product prototyping, and product integration for various third-party solutions to use across the HR department.
We'll trust you to:
Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
Work across multiple teams in Engineering
Bring in best-in-class open-source technologies (with option to contribute back)
You'll need to have:
3+ years of experience working with modern web frameworks like React
Experience working with APIs and API Best Practices (REST, GraphQL)
Working knowledge of databases (SQL, noSQL)
Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field or equivalent industry experience
We'd love to see:
Experience working with C# or .Net Core framework
Experience working in a Linux environment
Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and Deployment tools
SRE Mindset (debugging, performance, low-latency)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.