CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
You will be joining a team within delivering Trader and Counterparty surveillance across all business sections of the bank. You will help to build our surveillance systems, working in a fast-paced, agile environment. The workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for UI development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop Big Data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and statistical risk models.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
· Design and develop excellent and understandable server side code. Work closely with users to gain feedback and ensure they are fit for purpose
· Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing. Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right
· Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on. Contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
· Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it's needed
· Help your team build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline and help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
Your Skills and Experience:
· Senior developer skills utilizing Python fundamentals. Extensive experience of modern Python libraries, including PySpark, Pandas numpy, scikit-learn, etc
· Extensive experience of developing RESTful services using Flask or Django
· Good experience of container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
· Good experience of creating and manipulating data on a Hadoop environment using HDFS and Impala
· A background in designing and developing high-quality server-side processing in Python. An approach of ensuring code is robust, easy to navigate and with reusable components. Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP. Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development (CI/CD)