CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Associate - China Legal and Regulatory Lawyer - Legal - Hong Kong
October 17, 2020
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
- Be a core member of the China legal and compliance country team, to provide in-house legal and regulatory support on corporate and transactional projects, as well as on country compliance matters
- Assist Head of China LCC with:
provision of legal support in drafting, negotiating corporate legal agreements with China element
advice on China onshore matters, which may involve general corporate, commercial transactions as well as potential litigations
advice on China financial regulatory matters as well as formulating various internal policies relevant to China activities
provide compliance oversight of business activities conducted by onshore entities
- Work closely with Global Market business to provide legal and regulatory advice on transactions involving onshore/offshore cross border activities, including but not limited to QFII regime, CIMB, China Bond Connect, China Wealth Management Connect, as well as derivative products involving China underlying.
- Assist in the negotiation and execution of a variety of transactions, including transactions in the onshore/offshore China space covering
- Act as one of the key contact person with external legal advisers
- Keep abreast of key legal developments in the PRC legal and regulatory space relevant to our business
Key Experience & Skills
- Qualification as lawyers in Hong Kong, England, New York, PRC or other acceptable jurisdiction
- At least 5 years post qualification transactional experiences in the relevant area
- Ideally the individual would be well versed in the PRC regulation having worked with top tier Chinese law firm or similar organizations, and have experience advising financial clients on cross border transactions
- Familiar with PRC laws, regulations and policies concerning foreign investment and financial regulatory activities
- Strong business acumen with open mind and flexibility
- High proficiency in written English and Chinese, and fluency in Mandarin
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.