CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Agency Securities Lending Operations provides regional operational support for our Discretionary Securities Lending businesses.
Securities Lending as agent lender provides equity and fixed income securities to broker dealers to facilitate their proprietary and client trading strategies. Where they have a requirement to borrow securities the lending desk negotiates a fee for the loan based on supply and demand and the type of underlying strategy. With 4 desks globally, JPMC offers a 24 hour service in 37 different markets.
Position Summary The main functions and responsibilities of this role supporting the ASL Lending and Cash Reinvestment trading desks are:
· Adhoc project requirements – tech enhancements, UAT, system updates & ownership of desk UDT's
· Reporting – client/broker decks
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
1. Key Risk & Control Environment Compliance
· Review current processing to ensure all controls maintained and up to date to fit with the current tasks.
· Identify gaps in processes and full compliance of SSAE18.
· Responsible for documenting and updating current workflows and task lists. Implementing any new controls and changes to workflow after appropriate sign off to minimize financial loss
· Inform and work with Risk Management upon identifying potential risks.
· Pro-actively assess and recommend process improvements to assist in risk mitigation
· Communicate all issues effectively and ensure understanding by the team.
· Escalate issues to the Manager and be involved in taking action to escalate and resolve with the other party. A review is to be done on the issue to ensure procedures are updated.
· Investigate and when applicable, assist in implementing new procedures or systems that enhance the overall service of the group.
· Ensure all work received is actioned, accounted for and all control procedures are adhered to. Issues raised must be either resolved or escalated if necessary.
· To ensure that the specialist's Checklist is followed and all items actioned on a daily basis, with sign off occurring throughout the day as necessary.
· To be involved in the resolution of outstanding issues, to make decisions based on precedent and experience when confronted with frequently conflicting priorities. Where necessary, liaise with other areas to agree a satisfactory conclusion, ensuring minimum impact to Trading Services
· Be involved in the review of workflows, review reporting of all KPI's, and other MIS statistics required by management.
· Assist in tracking trends in work volumes, including reconciliation errors and document any negative trends and proposed solutions.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
· Excellent knowledge of Global Financial Markets
· Minimum 2-3 years experience in Securities Lending, Collateral Management, Settlements, Trade Support/Middle Office or COACs role
· Proven track record in a busy / dynamic operations environment
· Great understanding of Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Alteryx & Xceptor
· Understanding of the workflows of a custodian
· Bachelor degree or above preferred
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with strategic internal & external partners
· Ownership and Accountability
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills
· A strong controls focus
· Continued focus on improving processes and procedures
· Quality Orientation
· Ability to Managing Work under pressure and to strict deadlines