CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The Banking & Cash Solutions (BCS) Chief Investment Officer (CIO) is a key member of the senior management team responsible for design and implement of the BCS investment strategy by developing allocation strategies that drive targeted returns within established risk guidelines in partnership with asset management, treasury, and risk teams. This role will provide direction to the OCIO and build and lead a small team to research, analyze, execute and monitor investment program that optimizes the balance sheet, reduces risk and meet objectives.
- Build and lead a small investment team to develop, execute and manage the Banking & Cash Solutions (BCS) investment program including the development of portfolio and investment allocation strategies, guidelines and policies that drive targeted returns and meet business objectives within established risk profiles and guidelines. Review and monitor investment performance, asset allocations, and re-balance as necessary.
- Develop internal and external capabilities to drive results in partnership with BCS Chief Credit Officer, treasury, investment management, and risk teams to determine appropriate investing activities that effectively manage liquidity and credit risks.
- Provide strategic direction for functional area of responsibility and to broader Banking & Cash Solutions initiatives and long-range plans.
- Ensure effective controls are in place to meet business objectives within established risk guidelines and procedures including internal risk governance (ORMC & FRMC) and external regulatory requirements (i.e. Risk Appetite Tolerance Actions).
- Serve as member of Asset & Liabilities, Risk and Credit committees; regularly present to Financial Risk Management Committee (FRMC), Bank Board of Directors and external regulators (OCC & FED).
- Provide effective leadership to direct reports that incorporate performance management practices, such as individual performance plans, periodic reviews and feedback sessions, coaching, and development.
- 15+ years investment management in financial services; retail and commercial banking experience; extensive knowledge of financial markets and products across multiple industries, asset classes and structures.
- Demonstrated success in directing portfolio management, credit risk management, and research activities.
- Treasury experience; fixed income expertise, deep knowledge of asset backed, agency, and non-agency mortgage backed securities as well as credit and interest rate risk management experience; expert in banking regulations highly preferred.
- Strong executive presence; ability to create compelling presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively, and drive innovation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Results-oriented, accountable, and focused on client needs and creating value for the shareholder.
- Build and develop talent, and manage performance of assigned team(s). Effectively manage and lead through change.
- Ability to build and manage and internal and external relationships; establish trust and communicate effectively.
- Consistently model and reinforce the Ameriprise Values and 10 Behaviors & Commitments in how we work together.
- Ability to influence across organization; including executive and senior leaders across business, analytic, technology and staff groups.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing environments.