CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Equity Research, Industrials, Analyst/ Associate, Hong Kong
October 10, 2020
I. Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
II. Research Division Morgan Stanley has earned a strong reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates among investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
III. Equity Research
Based in Hong Kong, this role will entail an understanding of companies in Industrials sector in different countries and putting them in perspective from an Asian and global context. The Associate will support the Lead Analyst in database management, financial modeling & analysis, client presentations, understanding press releases or disclosures and research report writing. Candidates with more relevant experience will be able to cover stocks in Hong Kong and/or China.
- Identify key industry and company investment opportunities through financial and industry analysis and contribute to sector and company thematic reports
- Create & maintaining financial models leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics
- Prepare external marketing materials and pitch books
- Liaise with client and other professional parties on a regular basis for any enquiries
- Assist Lead Analyst with expanding stock coverage universe and maintenance or updates of models and databases
- Play an important role in producing and writing company and sector research
- University degree with 2-3 years of capital goods or industrial experience in the financial industry
- Native or professional proficiency in both English and Mandarin are mandatory
- Relevant industry experience in capital goods or Automation will be highly preferred
- Ability to work independently and work well under pressure
- Strong analytical ability with a focus on financial modeling and earnings forecasting
- Excellent and well-structured written & verbal communication skills required
- Proactive & hard working with strong professional accountability
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test and modeling assessment