CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Our client is a global financial technology (fintech) provider of front to back office solutions for Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Hedge Funds, with a managed services / business process outsourcing operation. The London team is expanding and they're looking for an additional risk analyst for their market risk reporting group.
Working with buy side clients it's a varied role leveraging your market risk experience to date whilst allowing you to learn more and grow, in which you'll;
- Provide market risk oversight across client portfolios, implementing and reporting guideline limits and regulatory compliance for UCITS, AIFs and Managed Accounts etc.
- Conduct risk monitoring of multi-assets portfolios, monitoring underlying positions, risk drivers, performance outcomes and market dynamics/volatility.
- Produce risk measures i.e. VaR, and further analysis to understand the relationship between VaR and the risk factors, volatilities, and correlations that go into the statistical calculation.
- On-going maintenance and improvement of risk processes with a focus on standardisation and automation, so as to continually improve your efficiency and client service.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- At least 2-3+ years experience in a market risk analyst role, in which you'll have developed a good grounding in the fundamentals around market risk, risk models, VaR methodologies / calculations etc.
- If you have got involved in regulatory and/or oversight committee risk reporting then great, but we're not looking for this direct experience, strong fundamental market risk experience is the most important criteria.
- The ability to present complex information in a clear and structured way.
- Excellent data and excel skills.
- This is client facing role in which you'll discuss risk reports and drivers etc, so must be comfortable liaising with clients in a service oriented role.
- Batchelor's degree (professional education such as CFA or FRM is a bonus but not required).
Note that this is a full-time role, but only for a 12 month contract, although there could be the option to go permanent with the company in the future if you want to look at that.
Location: London area remote (for the foreseeable future due to covid)
Excellent contract with a well-respected global company, offering the chance for a market risk practitioner to further build their knowledge & experience in varied client facing role working with leading asset managers.