CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Our client is a leading global service provider to the finance industry with a managed services / business process outsourcing portfolio risk management operation for Asset Managers and Hedge Funds, looking for an additional risk analyst for their portfolio risk analysis team in Frankfurt.
Working with asset management clients it's a varied role leveraging your investment risk experience to date whilst allowing you to learn more and grow, in which you'll;
- Conduct daily risk assessments / monitoring of multi-assets portfolios, instrument pricing, monitoring underlying positions, risk drivers, performance outcomes and market dynamics/volatility etc.
- Advise clients with in-depth analysis of portfolio risks and risk concentrations, produce risk measures i.e. VaR, and further analysis to understand the relationship between VaR and the risk factors, volatilities, and correlations that go into the statistical calculation.
- Provide investment risk oversight across client portfolios, implementing and reporting guideline limits and regulatory compliance for UCITS, AIFs and Managed Accounts etc.
- On-going maintenance and improvement of risk processes with a focus on standardisation and automation, so as to continually improve your efficiency and client service.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- At least 2+ years experience in a market / investment risk analyst role, in which you'll have developed a good grounding in the fundamentals around portfolio risk, market risk, risk models, VaR methodologies / calculations etc.
- Good quantitative aptitude and knowledge of theoretical pricing and risk management of financial instruments, ideally including some derivatives exposure (if you haven't yet got this there is a opportunity to get this in the role).
- If you have got involved in regulatory and/or oversight committee risk reporting then great, but we're not looking for this direct experience, strong fundamental market risk experience is the most important criteria.
- The ability to present complex information in a clear and structured way.
- This is client facing role in which you'll discuss risk assessments and drivers etc, so must be comfortable liaising with clients in a service oriented role.
- A Batchelor's degree and preferably a Masters degree (professional education such as CFA or FRM a bonus but not required).
- Ideally fluent in both German and English.
Note that this is a full-time role, but only for a 12 month contract, although there could be the option to go permanent with the company in the future if you want to look at that.
Location: Frankfurt area remote (for the foreseeable future due to covid)
Excellent buy-side Risk Analyst contract with a well-respected global company, offering the chance for a portfolio risk practitioner to further build their knowledge & experience in varied client facing role working with leading asset managers.