CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
· Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
· Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
· Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
· Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
M&G plc are creating a unified Finance function to help manage the merger of M&G with Prudential UK and the de-merger from the Prudential Group; creating a dynamic and well controlled Finance function for the future.
M&G plc is required to report twice yearly to the market on results including consolidated IFRS financial statements and to produce quarterly Group Solvency 2 reporting. This role is initially responsible for supporting the overall preparation of the new Group's reporting. The role also involves contributing to papers for Audit Committee and other governance forums, reporting quarterly management information to the Board as well as supporting the delivery of change impacting the Group's reporting processes. Opportunities to be involved in technical accounting decisions and analysis will also be included in the role. Longer term, the role will support wider financial reporting activities and change projects of M&G plc Group and its subsidiaries.
It is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic accountant to support the evolution of the new M&G plc Group's reporting processes following its listing in October 2019
· Support the preparation of the Group IFRS financial statements, including ownership of a number of notes to the accounts, produced to auditable standards
· Support the process to produce the other financial sections of Group reporting
· Support the preparation of the Group's Solvency 2 reporting, including ownership of selected quarterly and annual QRTs
· Contribute to the production of the Board and Group Executive Committee monthly reporting as directed by the Group Financial Reporting Manager
· Input to papers required for the Group Audit Committee relating to the Group reporting process, excluding the technical analyses
· To support the implementation of new accounting standards
· Actively contribute to the delivery of other finance change projects that impact the Group reporting process
· To support the delivery of initiatives required as part of the demerger project to ensure Group reporting processes meet all reporting and control requirements of a newly listed plc
· To maintain effective working relationships with other teams in MGP Finance ensuring that Group reporting needs are communicated, understood and met
· Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customer outcomes and a reduction in M&G Prudential's operational risk
You will have:
· Working knowledge of IFRS and Solvency 2 reporting requirements
· Working knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislatory frameworks
· Knowledge of M&G Prudential products, systems and distribution methods would be beneficial
· Experience of dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
· Some knowledge of industry trends, best practice and developments
· Experience of the production and delivery of financial reporting in a life and pensions organisation. Asset management experience is also beneficial
· Some experience of finance change programme delivery
· Experience of insurance accounting, including requirements of UKGAAP and IFRS
· Highly analytical and skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions
· Ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders
· Ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed or escalating issues as appropriate
· Qualified accountant
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
· Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
· Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
· Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.