CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
3147014 – Fixed Income Commodities Controller – Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarises, plans and forecasts the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The Fixed Income Commodities Product Control team has a wide remit in supporting the Global Metals and European Oil, Power and Gas derivative trading businesses with traders across the regions. The immediate team comprises 3 persons in London with a deployed team in Mumbai supporting the report production aspect of the role.
The team's overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. This encompasses daily revenue analysis, profitability and balance sheet reporting plus liquidity, funding, capital and ROE analysis. The team is also responsible for signing off the month end financial statements and presentation of these to firm management and external auditors/regulators. Additionally, the team is heavily involved in supporting new business initiatives.
The candidate will be involved in various aspects of the P&L review, analysis and commentary. The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of ad hoc queries.
The role will include:
- Production: Review of the financial statement information produced in Mumbai and distribution of this information to the business unit and internal clients.
- Control: Attesting to regulators and auditors on the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements.
- Business Performance: Assisting with production of monthly business packs for desk heads.
- Ad Hoc: Projects and Queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit management, supporting new business initiatives.
- Accounting: Review and agree with Accounting Policy any non-standard transaction proposal from the business unit.
- The candidate should be an experienced Finance professional and preferably a qualified accountant.
- Relevant experience in Product Control and knowledge of Commodity products would be advantageous.
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of the P&L reported.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules and central clearing.
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member / lead.
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.