CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
State Street's DataGX team is looking for a Data Analyst to support the daily operations of handling the index and benchmark data requirements for our clients globally. This growing team works in a fast-paced environment and the role will provide exposure to all asset classes. The ideal candidate would have a strong operational background combined with an understanding of how indexes and benchmarks operate.
You will work closely with IT, Portfolio Management, Compliance, Risk, Performance, Client Reporting and Operations teams on a daily basis to fulfill their index and benchmark data requirements.
- Work with a small team responsible for the loading, creation and validation of index and benchmark data to a central repository in addition to third party systems.
- Responsible for the calculation and maintenance of standard, custom and blended benchmarks.
- Liaison with external index vendors regarding data issues.
- Research and resolve data discrepancies for users throughout the company globally.
- Participate in department wide initiatives, including the annual review and upkeep of policies and procedures, checklists, conversion and other ad hoc projects.
- Collaborate with index vendors to setup and source standard and custom benchmark data.
- Collaborate with IT and internal clients to define, document and develop new benchmarks.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial services.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel is required. SQL and/or Python experience is preferred.
- Experience manipulating large data sets with the ability to pinpoint inconsistencies.
- Understanding of index and benchmark return calculations and fixed income analytics would be viewed upon favorably.
- Familiarity with various vendor analytic tools such as FTSE Yield Book, Bloomberg PORT, SS&C Anova and IDC would be a plus.
- Attention to detail along with ability to work in dynamic and time sensitive environment is required.
- Possessing strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills will help you excel in this position.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.