CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Trading Operations is a key partner to the Firm's institutional trading business globally providing trade and post trade support covering Fixed Income (Rates, Credit, Cash, FX, Commodities, SPG & DSP) and Equities (Equity Cash, DSP, Equity OTC, Fund Derivatives & MSET) products. Playing a meaningful role in trade verification, new product approval, reconciliation of the Firm's books & records and supporting regulatory obligations, the department offers interesting opportunities for a talented team.
In this role you will provide support for the Commodities business in London, working closely with Sales and Trading as a control function to resolve queries and discrepancies related to trade booking, reconciliation breaks, confirmations or settlement. You will maintain reference data to enable new business, monitor exception reports and facilitate key steps in the trade life cycle such as early settlement and novations, working closely with other infrastructure areas such as Settlements, Technology, Finance, Legal and Compliance. The range of commodity products covered includes precious and base metals, freight, European power & gas, coal and oil. Most of our activity is financial (i.e. swaps, options and futures), although physical spot and forwards in precious metals (i.e. gold, silver) ,emissions and gas are traded.
Skills that You Bring
- You ideally have a understanding of commodities products and the trade lifecycle, including front to back processing (i.e. trading, clearing, confirmation, collateral and settlement). Derivatives experience is also relevant however and we can provide Commodities specific training.
- You have experience working with internal stakeholders and clients.
- You have an awareness of the current regulatory environment (ASIC, EMIR, CFTC and MiFID II).
- You have experience working as part of a global team.
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- You actively look for new opportunities for self development and career progression.
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behaviour accordingly.
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.