CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Within this role you will support the investment activity of the business such that we can offer our policyholders the best possible security and pricing.
You will report report to our Deputy Chief Investment Officer and provide and work closely with them to deliver investment projects and initiatives
These projects and initiatives could include:
· Assisting in leading the execution of the companies investment strategy, with a (non-exclusive) focus on non-public bond assets and 'shareholder' assets
· Performing the research and evaluation of new asset classes, investment managers and funds
· Assessing individual investments for appropriateness in terms of pricing, value, cash-flow profile, strategic fit, Solvency II compliance
· Supporting relationship with existing asset managers
· Around 25% of the role involves further ad hoc projects including investment aspects of Solvency II, transforming asset portfolios, internalising externally provided services (and vice versa), changing service providers, day to day management of internal / external stakeholders
You'll work closely and form strong relationships with internal stakeholders most notably in the areas of Finance, Actuarial, Risk, Capital Management, Legal and in particular supports the regular investment management processes. You will also need to balance your commercial approach with understanding the particular regulatory and financial drivers of investing in a UK life assurance company.
Skills we're looking for
· Substantial experience in a bank, insurance company, asset manager or consultancy
· Actuarial qualification or CFA preferred but not essential
· Long only and fundamental investing, with the ability and interest to develop further
· Knowledge of the issues surrounding investing on behalf of a (life) assurer and of financial markets
· Investment matters and strategies, in particular credit, with the ability and interest to develop further
· Approaches to understanding and evaluating risks
· Investing on behalf of liability driven investors
· Results focus, with ability to work efficiently and grasp concepts that are not straightforward; yet seek guidance where necessary
· Be dispassionate in executing research, due diligence and investment evaluation
· Experience in taking ownership, running with and delivering team objectives