CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Entrepreneurial and well positioned European Real Estate Investment firm seeks an experienced Fund Controller for a newly created role. The company are boutique firm in London and a recent deal activity necessitates the hire. They have evolved organically with the CFO keen to hire a right-hand person who can manage and lead the existing fund finance team through a period of sustained growth and change. They only outsource minimal work to their administrators with the potential for this role to grow and evolve into a far chunkier appointment in the future.
Your role will involve:
- Management, leadership and development of the existing fund accounting team including responsibility for all training and recruitment.
- Oversight of the fund finance deliverables and reporting schedules including sign off on final accounts for a range of onshore/offshore structures.
- Liaison with all relevant third parties - lawyers, auditors, tax advisors.
- Co-ordination of funds valuation process and liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Active involvement in developing a more robust portfolio monitoring/middle office function.
- Significant ad hoc project work to improve existing financial controls and systems.
- Deputise for the CFO as and when required.
Regarding background, it's likely you will be:
- A qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - with significant post qualified experience working in the Real Estate funds management sector.
- This is likely to have been gained in a large accounting firm via relevant audit clients or in a similar role on the fund's side within a Real Estate Investment manager. he CFO needs someone who can hit the ground running from a technical perspective and be an instant subject matter expert given the lack of anyone in the role at present.
- Detailed understanding of RE fund structures and relevant accounting & reporting requirements.
- Plenty of personality, creativity and enthusiasm with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and suggest areas for improvement.
- Proven staff management abilities with the skills to confidently manage a team.
For immediate consideration, please apply now or for further information contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin.