CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The German Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) team is responsible for the Anti Money Laundering programme of Standard Chartered Bank AG as well as the Group FCC programme. Within FCC, the FCC Transaction Monitoring Team covers system-generated alerts and first level decisioning.
We are looking for a colleague who
· Independently reviews alerts from the transaction monitoring system to identify potentially suspicious money laundering and terrorist financing activity
· Conducts research using both public domain and database information
· Summarises investigation results for further decisioning in writing
· Takes decisions on escalation of cases to the next level of investigation
The role also encompasses hands on investigations and is not limited to team management.
· Academic background
· Experience in finance industry, law enforcement or intelligence analysis.
· Investigative skills and an analytical mindset
· Understanding of correspondent banking business beneficial
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· German language is an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.