CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) team is responsible for the Anti Money Laundering programme of Standard Chartered Bank AG as well as the Group FCC programme. Within FCC, the FCC Transaction Monitoring Team covers system-generated alerts and first level decisioning.
We are looking for a colleague who:
· Has great analysis skills and investigative techniques, able to analyse and understand complex transaction activity and determine patterns and trends from an AML/CTF perspective.
· Cooperates and communicates with different business units and is able to support his/her decisions clearly, concisely and consistently.
· Looks for efficiencies and improvements of processes and is determined to present them and support their implementation.
· Constantly updates his/her knowledge of AML/CTF topics and new trends and is looking forward to share and discuss them with other team members.
Your main duties will be:
· Independently analyse alerts from the transaction monitoring system, conduct research by using available resources such as public domain searches and database information in order to identify potential suspicious money laundering and terrorist financing activity.
· Create reports summarizing the information found and the investigation steps followed and present results for further decisioning using a risk-based approach.
· Discuss with FCC SAR reporting team possible escalations and present the rationale behind your decisions, highlighting the main red flags found and reasons for AML/CTF suspicion.
· Academic background preferably related to business, banking or law specialties.
· Experience in finance industry, law enforcement or intelligence analysis.
· Knowledge of AML/CTF legislations, money laundering techniques and emerging AML risks.
· Understanding of correspondent banking business
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· German language is an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.