CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses' and to our own.
Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) enables the Firm to manage risks by implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices, which protect the company while facilitating business functions.
The position is within the Level 3 Network Security Operations Team, a global team of approximately 15 individuals (and growing) providing subject matter expert service levels to our internal technology customers and partner s within the business.
ESP are looking for a Mid- to Senior-level network security engineer with a deep understanding of network, firewall, VPN and TCP/IP fundamentals.
This role is tasked to providing highest level of network security consultancy and operational stability of our security infrastructure solutions which are DMZ focused.
The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of more than 550 firewalls and over 2500 VPN tunnels.
- Level 3 operations support and projects for Network Security Products & Services including Firewall products and Network Access Control (new deployments, hardware refresh/upgrades, and migrations)
- Operationalization of Engineering procedures and creating evidence, test and verification documentation for planned changes
- Development of new Operational procedures/runbooks as well as updating existing ones to enhance the support provided by the team
- Deployment and Administration of network security systems
- Development of analytics dashboards and canned queries to accelerate troubleshooting and enable KPI reporting
- Identification of opportunities for work with Tooling team to develop and integrate the automation of managed products
- Security policy administration on various products that are under the teams support
- Systems, network and application troubleshooting
- Participare in a 1-in-8 week on-call rota (Time off in Leui offered)
- Occasional weekend work to implement production changes (Time off in Leui offered)
- Training teammates
- Interacting with Project Managers, service members of the networking, e-business, UNIX, and PC groups in four major metropolitan regions across the globe
- Knowledgeable on Firewall and VPN platforms running routing protocols and advanced features such as IPS and Application Intelligence
- Firewall deployment/configuration experience and troubleshooting application connectivity
- Expert level understanding of general networking and design (Firewalls, Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, OSI Model, TCP/IP, Packet trace and analysis using Wireshark and TCPDUMP)
- Strong capabilities with log search and analysis (Splunk, regex)
- Network Access Control techniques
- Review and maintain operational documentation and provide training on new procedures to lower level support teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on enterprise level projects
- Comfortable working within operations as a subject matter expert with periodic on-call responsibilities
- Skilled at problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Strong experience with UNIX/Linux administration
- Intermediate experience working with automation and scripting (Python, Ansible, Ruby, GoLang)
- Deep understanding and experience with emerging IT Trends (e.g.: cloud computing)
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AO1
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.