CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
MSCI ESG Research is looking for ESG analyst based in Tokyo who will cover specific industry research and ESG thematic research. In particular, candidates who have industry or research background with following sectors and related industries will be well considered: Financials, Industrials, Consumer Staples or Consumer Discretionary.
Deep understandings with Japanese regulations, industries, companies as well as stakeholders trends are strong advantage for this position.
Scope of Responsibility
-Publish quality research content and analyze industries' emerging ESG issues with assigned 2-3 industries.
-Produce thematic ESG research by collaborating with global team and local team.
-Meet with investors (domestic and global) to discuss with ESG research, requiring client facing capabilities.
-Contribute model enhancement of ESG ratings, ESG tools and solutions for ESG investors globally.
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to work with large data sets;
- A excellent English writing skill, communication, and public presenting skills (both English and Japanese);
- A team player who can collaborate across a diverse global team;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Ambitious, with a desire to bring ESG into the mainstream investment process
- 3-5 years professional experience in a related field (investment research, financial services, consulting, industry experience, policy research);
- ESG market insights for Japan and insight for specific industries (Financials, Industrials, Consumer Staples or Consumer Discretionary) is welcomed
- A demonstrated interest in sustainability issues, although prior ESG research experience is not required.
-A Bachelors' degree (required), advanced degree (Masters or PhD) or industry accreditation (preferred) -CFA is plus, but not must.
-Excellent writing and communication skills in English and native level Japanese communication skills are both required.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.