CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Head of Sustainable Finance Asia Pacific - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
January 5, 2020
SUMMARY OF THE KEY RESPONSABILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Roll-out the sustainable banking strategy of GLBA in APAC region around the 2 pillars: Cross-Product Impact Structuring, Impact-based Finance
- Implement a road map for ENV in the region and action plans/ list of priorities per countries and clients of the region in cooperation with the Countries Heads, the relevant business lines and GLBA/DIR APAC. This will have to be coordinated with the GLBA start up on social impact bonds. - Originate sustainable financing opportunities in APAC region alongside other business lines and coverage. This will include:
Marketing and pitching clients on SG ENV capabilities as well as positioning SG as a key partner of our clients to discuss their ESG strategy
Work with the relevant ENV teams based in Paris to structure ESG financing solutions originated out of APAC region;
Assist other business lines to understand ENV capabilities and products so that they can identify early opportunities and develop our marketing effort
Participate to conferences and forums to market SG and foster market intelligence - Cooperate with other business lines and departments (SYN, ABP, FIG...) to develop further funding solutions and enlarge the investors class for sustainable financing project
Foster a consistent ENV culture in APAC region:
- Internal marketing of GLBA/ENV products and strategy and spread the knowledge among the teams in the different locations (notably through trainings and participation to staff meetings)
- Ensure consistent communication of ENV strategy across APAC countries in accordance with SG and the local managements' ambitions
- Co-animate the Sustainable Finance community alongside other internal stakeholders of GLBA (NAT, AFI, FIG, DCM, COV) and outside GLBA (GTPS, MARK, RISQ, COM, CPLE...) under the leaderships of Asia CSR initiative sponsor.
- Market SG capabilities and ambitions in terms of ESG in external events
- Represent SG/ESG in the relevant forums as well as with governmental bodies and international institutions
- Participate in the most influent local working groups to position SG as an active ESG partner in APAC
- Maintain a regular dialog with key players and collaborative initiatives and participate to external events (conferences...) to keep up-to-date on trends of the market;
- Keep a close dialogue with the relevant business lines and business units to structure innovative solutions to adapt to clients' needs
- Monitor the markets/technological developments in relevant sectors and countries with the assistance of the business lines and business units
Operational and conduct risk:
- Ensure compliance with SG APAC policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with GLBA Handbook and ENV governance
- Embody SG's Code of Conduct
- Complete all mandatory trainings within the specified deadlines
- Development of staff (i.e. having a growth plan, filling in products gaps, upgrading as necessary)
- Handling of sensitive issues
- Ensuring job descriptions exist, individual appraisals are carried out and objectives are in place
- Ensuring appropriate resources are adequately utilised
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Financing structuring capabilities and good acknowledge of the different structured finance businesses (asset finance, project finance, trade finance....);
- Good understanding of SG organisation as well as the wider SG's market capabilities in terms of lending, capital markets, derivatives
- Strong origination capabilities as well as commercial sense and negotiation skills;
- Strong commercial background in dealing with different class of clients notably with sovereigns;
- Understanding and embody SG's ESG strategy and ambitions;
- Experience in working in an international environment and emerging markets;
- Experience in interaction with governmental bodies, regulators and international institutions
- Important risk awareness culture (credit, operational, reputational and compliance) and adherence to compliance and regulatory policies
- Important cooperation skills and ability to work with different businesses in different locations
- Leadership skills
- Ability to develop strategic thinking and be proactive
- Ability to innovate and think out of the box
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work in autonomy in the region while keeping strong cooperation with Europe-based ENV team
- Good Managerial skills (in case the platform grows)
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent English, oral and written.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
The newly created Sustainable Finance platform in Asia Pacific will have 2 mandates on APAC region, derived from the wider GLBA/ENV's mandate:
1. Cross-Product Impact Structuring: structuring financial products which integrate clients' sustainability agenda and fit in investors' and banks' ESG strategies (e.g. green bonds, impact loans...) 2. Impact-based Finance: working on R&D focused on impact-based business models and finance to achieve the SDGs by leveraging the digitalisation of the economy
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.