CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The successful incumbent is expected to develop and grow trade & supply chain finance revenues from corporate clients in Singapore and rest of South East Asia in line with overall strategy of the bank.
Key responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to:
Managing and developing a portfolio of corporate clients (a mix of Large Local Corporates and Multinational Corporates) in Singapore and rest of South East Asia with potential for Trade & Supply Chain Finance solutions, relying on SG's corporate coverage team as well as his /her own experience
Specifically, promoting and selling SG's Trade & Supply Chain Finance products and solutions to such clients in line with the overall strategy of Global Transaction Banking to expand our wallet in this market
Providing trade advisory and service support to clients to facilitate trade & supply chain finance business with clients in Singapore
Identifying opportunities for cross-selling products and services of other business lines of the SG Group to clients
Promoting cross-border synergies with other regions to enhance revenues from GTB Trade Finance business globally
Collaborating closely with internal contacts such as:
- Coverage teams - Trade Client Services team - Trade Operations team - Other SG Trade teams in Asia as well as other parts of the world - Credit, Risk, Legal and Compliance teams in Singapore, Hong Kong and / or Paris
1. At least 8 - 10 years' experience in banking, with at least 5 years of experience in trade finance, and 3 - 5 years in client-facing roles
2. Expertise on trade business - Professional experience in trade finance business in Singapore - Direct sales relationships with clients - Deep knowledge on products / market conditions / competition in Singapore - Capacity to conduct efficient meetings with clients / target clients to present capabilities of Société Générale's Trade Finance business and to understand clients' needs in order to propose adequate solutions - Sensitivity on risk issues (credit risk, operational risks, regulatory and legal risks, compliance risk, etc)
3. Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
4. Strong ability to build up relationships to facilitate team work with other departments/business lines and internal stakeholders on transversal issues
Ability to Cooperate
Sales & Marketing Skills
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale's teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
Societe Generale's first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.