CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets
This Trade Support role supports the day to day trading activities of the Equities OTC Derivatives Flow and Convertibles trading desks. Responsibilities will include the below:
-Trade Support is first line of defence for trade capture issues. Offshore teams complete the trade checkout process and raise issues to the desk directly. This team acts as the escalation point using our close desk relationship, and proximity, to help close items out.
- Products covered mainly include Vanilla OTC and Listed Equity Options, Volatility/Variance/Dividend Swaps and also FX, Interest Rate, Credit and Commodity products when traded.
- Key point of contact for the desk regarding upstream and downstream queries. Equally the point person for all Ops teams with queries for the desk or otherwise relating to trader activity.
- Act as SME contact for Change the Bank (CTB) projects including internal development requests as well as the implementation of market wide or regulatory initiatives.
- Investigating trade match issues on Markitwire and working with desk and downstream teams to resolve
- Coordinating upcoming Corporate Actions across all Equity desks (Cash, Swaps, Exchange Traded Products, OTC Flow and OTC Exotics) and working with the Trading desk, Ref data teams, Position Services, Pricing and Technology teams to ensure they are setup and applied correctly and in timely manner for all product types.
- Convertible bond setup, and maintenance, as well as working to renovate the front to back booking model.
- Oversight of failing cash and security settlements for our desks, chasing for commentary from Settlements and chasing the Trading if internal amendments are required.
- Act as SME for regulatory reporting issues
- Exposure to Financial industry essential
- Equities and derivatives product knowledge preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with senior internal clients & join a team of experienced professionals.
- Demonstration in their past work experience of robust analytical skills, high attention to detail, process improvement and a control mind set.
- A self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative as well as be a solid team player
- Computer literate and familiar with most packages and Excel skills an advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.