CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· To undertake continuous monitoring of key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls leading to effective management of Operational Risk.
· Assist in coordinating facilitating and promoting understanding of Operational Risk and in implementation and management of Operational Risk within the Unit Cash Management Services Europe
Validation of Controls (Control Sample Testing, Key Control Indicators & Operational Risk Framework)
· Perform Control Sample Testing checks, identify, assess and document exceptions.
· Ensure continuous monitoring on the ground, including Key Control Indicators, Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators.
· Work closely with the Unit/ Line Manager to finalise defects in processes / action items and review the same with the Risk Manager.
· Perform trend analysis on defects and errors.
· Input evidence of checks performed and details of exceptions noted into Enterprise Operational Risk Platform.
· Work with Unit/ Line Managers to design in-country Control Sample Testing.
· Investigate, document and report operational losses, near misses, other risk events and treatment plans on EORP in partnership with Unit/ Line Managers.
· Reconcile losses reported in EORP with the General Ledger on monthly basis.
Process Risk Analysis (PRA)
· Play a key role in driving PRAs at unit level.
· Participate in PRA at the request of the process owner.
· Support Risk Managers in Product Programs / Country Addenda related PRA reviews.
Risk Committee Meetings
· Business Operationa Risk Forum or equivalent committee - Review meeting Packs, with focus on risk & controls Management Information & supporting documents and escalate to Risk Manager on any concerns for further actions.
· Attend / Represent at respective forum.
· Perform spot checks and mystery shopping exercises and raise any defects through the risk reporting process.
· Perform thematic risk / control reviews.
· Validate adequate closure of audit findings.
· Oversight over performance of pre-audit/ review preparation work by Unit/ Line.
Risk & Control Initiatives
Support implementation of risk and control initiatives
Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and Standard Chartered Bank AG's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and Standard Chartered Bank AG's Code of Conduct.
· Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Information for the regulator Bundesanstalt für Finanzdiestleistungsaufsicht (BaFin) - provide respective and requested data to Country Risk unit.
· Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent) where applicable
· Working in partnership with Country Unit/ Line Managers and Operations Head.
· Standard Chartered Bank AG Business Operational Risk Teams for calibration on how operational risk needs to be managed and other Group wide initiatives.
· Country Legal & Compliance for interpretation of and consultations on local regulatory requirements.
· Information Technology Service Delivery for clarification and addressing key system related issues.
· Standard Chartered Bank AG Operational Risk Specialist Team for coordinating various risk & controls initiatives and Business-As-Usual activities.
· Standard Chartered Bank AG Internal Audit and other auditors for audit and reviews
· No overdue Key Control Indicators or Control Sample Testing checks and/or remediating action items for risk and loss events.
· Exceptions and control weaknesses are detected and duly reported within 24 hours on discovery.
· Satisfactory reviews and/ or audits on the conduct of key control checks, documentation and record keeping.
· Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions.
· Strict adherence to key milestones set for risk initiative roll-outs
· Free access to the Unit/ Line Managers, and Risk Managers.
· Free access to all documents and records within the unit/ line function and for area of responsibility, with the exception of information governed by specific policies,,e,g. Chinese Walls.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.