CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Shared Service Banking Operations (SSBO) delivers industry utility solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into 14 core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation.
The Party Referential Data Team is part of the Global Client and Account Data Operations Team (CADO) within SSBO and is responsible for the creation and maintenance of Morgan Stanley party reference data for clients, issuers, and vendors for the duration of the entire business relationship. The team is located in Glasgow, Baltimore and Mumbai, and cover requests globally.
- Create newly acquired (parties) client, issuer, and vendor records in the system. This involves investigating various approved sources and analyzing various approved documents to determine key attributes required for operational processing, as well as financial and regulatory reporting
- Maintain the records of existing parties using the same required analysis and due diligence
- Processing Corporate Actions such as name changes, mergers, etc. by validating against approved sources, identifying pre- and post-notification requirements of sensitive stakeholders, processing the actions ensuring all parties, sites, hierarchies, etc. are updated based on the Corporate Action. Additionally, ensuring all obsolete documents are invalidated and replaced with current valid documentation
- Additional duties as they regard party referential data attributes
- Partner with key business areas and other stakeholders to assure compliance with policies and regulations, as well as to review requests for additional processes and data quality rules, which may include remediation initiatives based on new regulations or business requirements
- Update proprietary systems with information / documentation obtained, and potentially performing data quality reviews
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and data quality standards
The ideal candidate will have previous experience/knowledge within an Operations related environment. They will be a confident analytical person with excellent oral and written communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Qualified at degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle volume spikes and prioritize work including ad-hoc requests and projects to meet business demands in a timely manner
- Ability to recognize potential risk issues and escalate/report on a timely basis;
- Adaptability and flexibility, ability to perform under pressure or in changing environment
- Outstanding attention to details and analytical ability
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Self-driven, capable of performing day-to-day activities with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to influence stakeholders and gain consensus across different groups
- Previous experience in the financial industry / operations function is desired
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-ZP1 Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.