CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
This is a Manager role within Operations. Dependant on the selected area of focus (following assessing candidate skills and experience) the role will involve one of the following; the coordination of Operational activities, Risk Oversight Management, Regulatory Reporting Management or leading Change the Bank activities.
- Support single or multiple operations silos in the areas of general operational management, risk management, internal risk metric reporting, incident management, change delivery and performance of department/internal reviews testing & audits
- Key functions include Security Settlements, Asset Servicing, Network Management, Account Management, Reconciliations and Tax
- Support the global operations programs of Business Continuity Management (BCM) and vendor management
- Develop, analyze and execute on these functions with supervision from the Senior and Advanced specialists
- Leverage centralized risk toolkit to assist line management with risk decision making
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of the RCSA program and be able to utilise the RCSA tools on behalf of their division
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding for the risk reporting process within silo and Global Operations
- Demonstrates knowledge of Change Delivery Lifecycle – including RAID, RACI and Project Planning. Knowledge of Agile and LEAN methodologies would be desirable.
- Support the independent monitoring and quality assurance of key processes, including select high impact functions
People and Culture:
Attract and Retain a High Quality Team by Investing in our People and Delivering on our Leadership Commitments:
- Lead team interactions and set the standard
- Be an effective team player who brings teams together and leads discussions in order to solve problems and meet business needs
- Manage a team of Specialists, responsible for resource allocation
- Provide training and direction to other Specialists
- Take appropriate steps to deliver individual and team/departmental goals
Leads and Develops Others:
- Uses effective coaching, delegation and direction to build high performance teams, manage individual career goals and change.
- Works with team to create a strategy/planning
- Drives strategic projects and improvements forward without compromising day-to-day responsibilities
- Aligns current actions with strategic goals
- Inspires respect of others, consistent in approach
- Displays a strong personal commitment to high achievement, leads by example to instil similar beliefs and effort in others
- Willing to make unpopular decisions; assesses impact on others
- Delegates authority to team members to take tasks forward
- Ensures controls are in place and uses feedback to monitor delegated tasks
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Effectively utilizes knowledge and skills of others
- Listen to our Clients and Deliver World-Class Operations Support.
- Develops and deliver strong client service for both internal and external clients and should be a role model for client service, an ambassador for the Firm. They should look to proactively manage client expectations and not promise more than can be delivered.
- Demonstrates accountability for actions and errors by taking personal responsibility for resolving issues, when mistakes are made is frank and upfront with clients and explains what has occurred. Ensure that the client experience is positive.
- Delivers on plans, completes next steps and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Aware of risks and opportunities
- Achieve Corporate Targeted Returns while Lowering Operations Costs and Impacts on Capital
- Thinks commercially, understands the impact of initiatives, risks on the operational budget
- Is a leader in proposing cost effective business solutions
- Actively contributes and achieves budget challenges set for team
- Demonstrable experience of the one or more of the following; Trade Lifecycle, Corporate Event Management, Stock/Cash Settlement, Operational taxes, Agent Network Management and Reconciliation Control
- Demonstrable experience in performing a line management role within a financial services environment
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively
- You actively look for new opportunities for self-development and career progression
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjusts behaviour accordingly
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances
- You have experience within Tax Operations or Global Reconciliations
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-ZP1
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.