CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
A role available immediately, within the Corporate Tax team of the TPL Professional Practice Group with a focus on supporting the business on Corporate Tax related policy and technical developments and drafting articles for both external and internal audiences.
The role would suit someone with a flair for business writing and a wide general interest in technical and policy developments. In depth technical expertise is not required as the role is with guidance and supervision (as necessary); what is more important is the ability to communicate complex issues simply and clearly to a general audience. It will provide an opportunity to develop the following:
- extensive experience of how to produce written content for internal and external publications; - a broad understanding of current tax issues/developments and our view on them including topical issues such as corporate interest restrictions, OECD BEPS and EU developments, US tax reform etc; - a network of contacts throughout TPL nationally and, in particular, the key technical specialists within the Corporate Tax group; and - a thorough understanding of our Knowledge Management (KM) systems and practices.
The intention of the role is to enable the individual to develop technically but that ultimately the individual will take the expertise learnt in the group into a client facing role. The expected duration of time in the PPG group will be approximately 12 months. For internal candidates the time in PPG will therefore be structured as a secondment. For external candidates the role will be a permanent role but with a view to the individual identifying and moving into a client facing group after about 12 months.
- Monitor external news / web sites and identify relevant developments and announcements. - With supervision, draft internal and external content for review – this could include headlines, deeply technical content, policy, commentary for internal and client use. - Liaise with Central team to ensure content is submitted in the correct format by the deadline.
Portal (internal & external)
- With guidance, review and update existing TPL Portal pages; and - Create new Portal content in line with TPL PPG strategy.
- Work with the Business and L&D to design and deliver effective training to meet the Business' needs - Attend Technical meetings with the Lead KM to write up notes and actions, then circulate and follow-up actions to completion.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be technically qualified (CTA/ICAS/ICAEW or equivalent) with recent client-facing experience; - Have a real interest in tax and the potential implications for KPMG and our clients of the many developments and changes that are taking place. - Enjoy researching and analysing tax law and cases, with guidance from more senior grades. - Be able to understand complex tax technical issues quickly, to a level where they can communicate them clearly to audiences of differing experience and expertise. - Be independent. Whilst this role is fully supported, with guidance and supervision as required, we would expect candidates to be able manage themselves to deliver high quality work on time. - Be proactive in seeking guidance as required, seeking new challenges and supporting others in the team. - Have strong communication skills in a variety of media, including being able to explain complex concepts in a straightforward way. Strong written skills are particularly important. - Be confident in dealing with personnel at all levels. - Be positive and enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and promoting good communication. - Have a good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint