CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Glasgow Asset Services department is the Security Services area of Morgan Stanley, responsible for managing the timely and accurate processing of all Corporate Events which has an impact on security positions held by our clients and proprietary trading desks. The group consists of the following teams: Voluntary Corporate Actions, Dividends (including Optional Dividends), Bond Corporate Actions, Global Control, Client Money & Risk, Coupons (Principal and Interest), and Proxy Voting.
The department has been established in Glasgow for several years and has developed itself into a highly efficient and successful operation, providing first class client service. This has been achieved through strong focus on control, commerciality and people. We are looking for hard-working candidates to continue the positive progression of the team which currently has approximately 50 staff, and is part of the Shared Services & Banking Organisation (SSBO) division within ISG Operations.
The Global Asset Servicing Risk Management Team are primarily responsible for managing the High Impact Client Money function for the Glasgow Asset Services department as well as providing risk reporting to all Asset Services global locations on a daily basis. The team are a truly global team responsible for reviewing, determining and resolving process risk across Asset Services functions. The team works very closely with all other processing and vendor control teams in Asset Services as well as interacting with a number of other groups in Morgan Stanley on a daily basis such as SSBO Risk, Client Money, Operational Risk and Regulatory Control, Stock Loan, Client Services, Financial Controllers, International Prime Brokerage and Prime Brokerage.
Responsibilities of the Global Asset Servicing Risk Management Team include, but are not limited to:
- Protecting the firm and its clients against the risks associated with corporate action, dividend and proxy event processing. These risks may be financial, regulatory, franchise, market or operational
- Engagement with operations groups to ensure adherence to internal policy
- Providing high quality corporate event Risk Reporting to the firm
- Developing and implementing process improvements to minimise risk to the firm and our clients
- Daily management of the High Impact Client Money exception process
- Responsible for account opening and maintenance for global Asset Services teams
- Reconciliation of all Asset Services owned accounts for monthly General Ledger sign off
- Daily vendor management control
- Processing Employee Trading Elections on Corporate Action events
- Dividend Surplus Profit and Loss reconciliations in liaison with Stock Loan Desk and Finance Controller Group
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and inter personal skills
- High regard for attention to detail, accuracy & quality
- Ability to prioritise effectively and achieve results under pressure
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Good IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Strong multitasking capabilities and time management skills
- Ability to question a process and promote own ideas and solution
- Previous experience of Client Money, Corporate Actions, Dividends or Coupons would be advantageous although not essential. Full training will be provided.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-ZP1
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Internal Number: 6470855
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.