CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The EMEA Security Settlements Group is responsible for effectively managing positions, trading activity and funding across all European, Middle Eastern, and African markets. The team is also responsible for processing conversions and realignments across multiple products (equity, bond, warrants etc) for various business units within the firm.
The team consists of 15 people in Control Roles in Glasgow, supported by 45 team members at an offshore Vendor.
The department has been established in Glasgow for several years and has developed itself into a highly efficient and successful operation, providing first class service to our clients. This has been achieved through strong focus on control, commerciality and people. We are looking for a dynamic and hard-working candidate at VP level to continue the positive progression of the department.
This role is to lead and manage the EMEA Equity Security Settlements Production team located in Glasgow and at a third party vendor located in Chennai and Nagpur. The teams are primarily responsible for ensuring Firm risk is mitigated through timely settlement of trades executed by MS trading desks and clients. The team are also responsible for contributing and delivering on the EMEA Security Settlements change agenda. This includes market and mandatory changes which are coordinated through the Morgan Stanley Change the Bank team.
- Help to shape and execute the Control, Commercial and People agenda for Security Settlements in EMEA
- Manage the performance and relationship with the 3rd Party vendor in India
- Drive Settlement performance and efficiency
- Manage daily settlement risk and exposure
- Partner closely with Business Units to enhance client service levels and support business growth
- Own the relationships with internal infrastructure teams including Legal and Compliance, Technology, Operations Risk and Control teams, as well as external regulators and exchanges
- Drive the review of the controls and processes in order to reduce operational and client risk
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and strive for the delivery of commercial initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Career development and people management for the Glasgow team
- Experience in financial industry in Security Settlements or related operations roles
- Vendor management experience
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in Cash Equities & FID and knowledge of regulatory policies & regulations.
- Proven interpersonal skills and abilities to work extensively across global departments to build and maintain credibility and strong relationships with peers, management, and stakeholders.
- Effective team player who brings teams together and leads discussions in order to solve problems and meet business needs.
- Demonstrated leader with proven skills in strategic planning who is able to guide, motivate, and hold individuals accountable for results.
- Deadline oriented and able to thrive in high stress environment.
- Strong communication skills, able interact and communicate effectively across cultural and hierarchical lines within the Firm.
- Experience in change management and process improvement methodologies.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-ZP1
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Internal Number: 6432895
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.