CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The German Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) team is responsible for the Anti Money Laundering programme of Standard Chartered Bank AG as well as the Group FCC programme. The investigation team within FCC is primarily responsible for review of AML cases which result from escalations from the FCC Transaction Monitoring team, the Group investigations team or external sources.
We are looking for a colleague who
· Conducts investigations in respect of AML/CTF and fraud related cases
· Drafts and reviews suspicious activity reports for submission to law enforcement
· Provides feedback and escalate issued identified from investigations to the money laundering reporting officer
· Develops knowledge of criminal methods and typologies and share through briefings and presentations
· Supports tuning and optimisation of the transaction monitoring systems
The role also encompasses general support of other responsibilities of the FCC team including KYC enquiries and development as well as maintenance of investigation related procedures.
· Strong academic background
· Experience in finance industry, law enforcement or intelligence analysis.
· Investigative skills and an analytical mindset
· Understanding of correspondent banking business beneficial
· Knowledge of German AML laws and regulations
· Fluent in written and spoken English and German
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 6522954
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.