CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
KBL European Private Banker, Luxembourg CONTEXT Acting as Depositary Bank of Funds (mainly UCITS and AIF), KBL Luxembourg must comply with regulatory requirements to ensure investors' protection. The main obligations are defined as Safekeeping of Custodable Assets; Ownership Verification and Recordkeeping of Other Assets; the proper Monitoring of all Cash Flows of the Funds; and the Oversight for duties under the responsibility of the Fund/Manager and its delegates.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Depositary Bank Oversight officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring full compliance with regulatory Depositary requirements related to Safekeeping, Recordkeeping, Cash Flow Monitoring and Oversight (NAV, shareholders transactions, income distribution, investment restriction, timely settlement)
- Assessing the complexity of Funds strategies (UCITS, private equity, real estate, funds of funds and other alternative structures) in order to determine how to apply depositary function appropriately
- Performing the oversight on the duties under the responsibility of the Funds Manager and its delegates (e.g. Central Administrations or External valuers)
- Preparing internal and external reporting to provide status on Depositary controls and activities
- Acting as Expert for all depositary matters and for any issues escalated to Depositary Bank Oversight
- Being involved in the due diligence and on-site inspections performed on the Depositary Bank
- Attending clients' visits to provide expertise on Depositary matters
- Participate in team development activities and ad-hoc projects QUALIFICATIONS - 5 years relevant experience in similar function, fund accounting or audit functions
- Sound knowledge of regulations relating to depositary responsibilities (UCITS V and AIFMD)
- Very good understanding of UCITS, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds structures
- University degree in Economics or Finance SKILLS - Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to draft reporting, policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, clients, other divisions of the bank
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Flexible LANGUAGES - English and French are required
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter, in English, to: email@example.com
Internal Number: 6507081
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.